How do I deal with my teenage son if he makes a mistake, this is a question parents always ask, there is no doubt that the adolescence stage has its own characteristics and children change as they leave the childhood stage to the youth stage. This is followed by many changes, which may be positive or negative, and in all cases, parents must deal wisely with the stage of adolescence
How do I deal with my teenage son if he makes a mistake?
Dealing with adolescence requires patience and let us learn together about the features of the adolescence stage through the following presentation:
Adolescence is the transition period between childhood and adulthood. Adolescence is defined as the period between the ages of 13 and 25.
The beginning and end of adolescence differ from one individual to the next, as well as from one society to the next.
The stage of adolescence also differs between males and females, with females typically reaching earlier than males.
Adolescence is interspersed with puberty, which is followed by various hormonal changes that affect children physically and psychologically.
It is usual for parents to struggle with their child’s new personality during adolescence.
The best way to deal with a stubborn teenager
Parents are perplexed about how to deal with a stubborn adolescent, and we can assist them by demonstrating various methods for gaining the teen’s trust, such as:
Parents must prepare their children for early adulthood by listening to and talking to them.
There is no harm in discussing the smallest details that occupy the teenager’s mind, as this may help save him from major problems.
Parents must also support their teen’s decisions.
Parents must assist their teen in achieving a nipple in the proper manner.
Even if they disagree with their adolescent son’s decision, parents should support him and assist him in avoiding the greatest losses.
Teens despise the word “no,” especially if it comes from their parents, because in their eyes, they are the controlling authority, and the teenager is constantly challenging authority and breaking the law.
How do I deal with my teenage son who hurt himself?
This problem is serious and we know that teenage behaviours involve many risks, but the problem of self-harm to adolescents can be dealt with by following the following:
- Determine the type of harm and whether it is physical or psychological harm.
- Here it is necessary to monitor the teenager without feeling it.
- A helping hand must be provided to the teenager before he is exposed to any harm.
- The teenager is still a child who needs the mother’s tenderness and the father’s safety.
Tips for parents to deal with a teenage son
The most important advice for parents to listen to deal with the teenager remember that they were teenagers and needed someone to listen to them, and among the most important tips we give you are the following:
- Parents should realize that a teenager’s desire to separate from them and his constant pursuit of independence is normal for all adolescents.
- Care must be taken to raise the adolescent in a correct Islamic upbringing free of extremism because religion is a comfort, not a burden. Parents have to deal with the hormonal changes that affect adolescent confusion and nervousness.
- Parents must accompany and contain the teenage son, know his secrets, and provide support and assistance to him.
- It is also important to be friends with the teenage son’s friends and share the conversation, as this makes the teen very happy.
- It is necessary to pay attention to the positive aspects of the teenager and to avoid violating
- him and criticizing him, as this bothers him very much.
- Do not deal as a father with the teenager as he is still a child, but you should consider him a friend of yours.
- It is wrong to scrutinize and criticize teenagers because no one is perfect.
Dealing with adolescent behaviour towards sex and addiction
Here we are talking about very dangerous things that a teenager may be exposed to, and let’s review this issue through the following:
- Adolescence is one of the most likely stages in which a teenager will fall prey to drug addiction, alcohol and cigarette consumption.
- It is possible for a teenager at this stage to make sexual mistakes.
- It is necessary to know the reason behind the actions of the teenager, perhaps the reasons are related to the mistreatment of parents or exposure to bullying among his peers.
- Parents should deal wisely in these matters and there is no need for verbal violence.
- Of course, physical violence is a crime against a teenager.
- Do not panic, the teenager is still a child who needs to talk and contain themself.
- It is necessary to clarify the negative effects of drug and alcohol addiction and watching pornographic sites for adolescents.
My son is addicted to social networking sites, what should I do?
Among the questions that parents ask is this important question, and we can answer it through the following points:
- Teens are now addicted to using smart devices as they almost never leave their hands.
- This addiction causes many problems such as wasting time and neglecting homework.
- Internet addiction can lead your teen to fall prey to abusive and dysfunctional people.
- It is possible to solve the problem by observing the teenage son and modifying his bad behaviour.
- It is recommended that the teenager’s activities on social networking sites be reviewed for his own benefit, as he may have been exposed to something dangerous and is afraid to tell.
- It is preferable to set a time limit for the teenager to browse social networking sites without interfering with his daily activities.